I have to admit that I’ve never heard of Kim Clijsters before. And that I have no idea how to say her last name. But she’s the next woman on the list so let’s take a look at her.
- She was a professional tennis player from Belgium who left to start a family.
- After the birth of her daughter, she decided to go back to tennis.
- She won two US open titles since her return, becoming the first mother since 1980 to win such a major title.
- She won 41 Women’s Tennis Association titles and 4 Grand Slam titles (both singles).
- She often volunteers to help out with charities.
- She has received the Karen Krantzcke Sportsmanship Award not once but seven times.
I’m not sure about how much influence she has, but I think she should have more. She seems like she would be a really good role model for little girls to look up to. She’s a good sport, she gives back, she balances work and family – all great things that we need more of in our media.