Now here is someone who I think definitely deserves to be named most influential. Angela Merkel has a lot of power, especially in Europe, so let’s find out a little bit more about her.
- Current (and first female) Chancellor of Germany
- Was President of the European Council
- Played an important role in negotiations of the Berlin Declaration and the Treaty of Lisbon
- Second woman to chair the G8
- Named 4th Most Powerful Person in the World and the Most Powerful Woman in the World by Forbes
- Received the Vision for Europe Award
- Received the Charlemagne Prize
- Received the B’nai B’rith Europe Award of Merit
- Received the Leo Baeck Medal
- Received the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- First person from what was East Germany to lead the country
Influential? Definitely! She is all over the political scene in Europe and with Germany being such a big economy in Europe, her actions and decisions will have a huge effect on how the Eurozone fairs, for better or for worse.
- Angela Merkel – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Angela Merkel Biography – Facts, Birthday, Life Story – Biography.com
- Angela Merkel – Forbes